Ok, so I'm thinking of putting together this giant compilation book of stuff from fans to send to the LTM production team, basically to say how much we love them. I know bevfrank and speckleberry are making this video project, but I know not a lot of people are comfortable putting their faces/hands on the internets.
That being said, I also know that there are a lot of people who are creative in fanart or fanfic or other forms of creative expression (or know other people who are!) and I think an actually book would be kinda cool for the cast, crew, and producers to have (and maybe we'll send some to Fox execs too? hehe).
I'm looking for fanart (e.g. wallpapers, picspams, sketches, paintings, etc.) and writing (e.g. poetry, drabbles/ficlets under 400 words, letters to cast/crew/producers, etc. about how the show's affected you) submissions.
Letters are great if you are able to express yourself that way, but if you're like me, you can express yourself better through poems or ficlets or even art! ^_^
The concept/theme is "Why we love Lie To Me* (and other expressions of love)" or something to that effect. I want to show the cast, crew, and producers how much we appreciate all they do.
If you are interested this, or if you know someone who is, you can email me at lietome[dot]fanbook[at]gmail[dot]com, PM me on livejournal, or DM/@reply me or the project on twitter, or on the Facebook page.
Also, if you want to submit something, and don't know if it'll be appropriate, feel free to contact me or comment here. :)
There's no set deadline yet, but I'm thinking late February and early March.
If you already have something to submit already, please put "Submission: ________" in the subject line when you email it to lietome[dot]fanbook[at]gmail[dot]com
Please include your name and country. :)
Here are the sections of the book I'm thinking of having:
- the show (basically episodes, story arcs, general stuff about the show)
- the characters (self-explanatory :P)
- the relationships (i.e. friendships, love/romance, family, etc.)
- the emotions behind the science (e.g. what makes us lie or hide emotions and/or truths; but I don't think this will be too popular heh)
- the consequences (i.e. how LTM changed your life)
P.S. If you want to help me organize this, let me know ^_^
P.P.S. If you'd like to donate money to help with production costs, that'll be awesome. Shoot me an email/PM/DM. I haven't set up a paypal account yet.
- 2 February 2011 @ 08:50 EST - Changed the title, cuz this isn't a save LTM project per se
- 14 January 2011 @ 18:47 EST - Edited submission info
- 14 December 2010 @ 02:52 EST - Changed title and description a little
- 12 December 2010 @ 22:38 EST - Added book sections and dedicated email/twitter!
- 11 December 2010 @ 19:31 EST - Edited the entire post so it makes more sense.
Mods, feel free to remove this if it's not appropriate.